"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before."

Monday, February 14, 2011

Today

Two years ago, I took a leap of faith on someone else. And they took a leap of faith on me. He asked me to dinner about 4-5 days prior to Valentine's Day, and I accepted. I can remember dancing around the house with my then two-year old nephew, that's how happy I was. Although, I was also nervous, and not really expecting a lot. Coming out of a hellish relationship, I could not see anything past the next day. I was living in the moment.

I got cold that night, and one of the first things he did was get a blanket for me. I think I knew I was in trouble then, but still trying to guard my heart. :) I had the best first date with him. He left to go back to where he was at the time, and I treaded very lightly on where we were at. We talked, but it wasn't an every day thing. I think that's why I never even thought of us as dating.

Two months later, I would take a trip with his mom and a friend to go see him. I was looking forward to that trip for many reasons. The start of a new life, more time to spend with him, making great memories with him. It was a wonderful trip, and I am so glad that I was able to go see him.

I look back on the past two years and I smile. My heart is so happy, so full of love. I know had my life been any different, then I would not be this positive upbeat person I am today. I know I would be down in the dumps a lot, being dragged down emotionally. Honestly, I don't know how I got so lucky with my man. I am so incredibly blessed to be on this journey with him. I missed his phone call earlier, but know that next year we will have this day to celebrate together. To me, it's more about our anniversary than Valentine's Day. Ironically, the woman who was gun-shy on finding love again has an anniversary on the mushiest day of the year. :) I would not trade our time together or him for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment